Rihanna has been in the spotlight for more than a decade, but she keeps growing as a singer — and her performance at the Billboard Music Awards last night (May 22) was among her most impressive to date.
Backed up by a live band, the singer belted out “Love on the Brain” from her new album, Anti. Her minimal, green-tinged stage set consisted of a cube hung with torn, sheer curtains, while she wore a fur-trimmed jumpsuit to match.
While Rihanna used to be described as having a relatively flat singing style, she's recently worked to open her register into new dimensions. She's expanded both the range and power of her voice, and "Love on the Brain" is the best example of how she's making use of her new abilities. This live rendition makes that shift forward even more apparent.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023