Third Eye Blind took a brief break from its "Dragons And Astronauts" tour last month to shoot a video for "10 Days Late," the third single from the group's second album, "Blue.
Director Francis Lawrence decided to take an abstract approach to the song, which is about an unexpected pregnancy. A spokesperson for 3EB's record label, Elektra Records, notes that the result is an "edgier" video.Viewers will note that the band's first video from its recently released "Blue" album, "Never Let You Go," was fairly abstract as well. The clip apparently paid dividends as "Blue" was recently certified platinum, marking sales of more than one million copies in the U.S.Third Eye Blind's video for "10 Days Late" should hit MTV soon. If you would rather see the band in the flesh, the group's current tour rolls through early May, and the band will then embark on a summer outing with Vertical Horizon starting in July.Here's how the rest of the "Dragons And Astronauts"
tour shapes up:
- 4/20 - Columbus, OH @ Palace Theatre
- 4/21 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 4/22 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 4/24 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- 4/25 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- 4/27 - Toronto, ON @ Warehouse
- 4/28 - Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
- 4/29 - Storrs, CT @ Gampel Pavilion
- 5/2 - Winnipeg, MB @ Walker Theatre
- 5/4 - Edmonton, AB @ The Joint
- 5/5 - Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall
- 5/7 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 5/9 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre