Call it Pantsapalooza.
Hoping that the special triple bill will draw fans to shows (as well as, perhaps, to augment their wardrobe), Train, Splender, and Shooter have all signed on for a promotional outing sponsored by fashion label DKNY as part of its 1999 Jeans Tour.
Kicking off on September 15 in New York City, each date of the tour will involve both an evening concert featuring all three bands (with Train headlining) plus an acoustic in-store gig at a local DKNY shop by one of the featured acts.
Each of the groups involved in the outing will be looking to build upon minor alt-radio hits they've recently enjoyed. Train has savored the biggest success with its track, "Meet Virginia," the second single from its self-titled debut album.
Splender notched a hit with "Yeah, Whatever" from its 1999 debut, "Halfway Down the Sky," while Shooter has drawn attention for it's "Life's a Bitch" single, which first appeared on the "Dawson's Creek" soundtrack.
for the DKNY Jeans Tour:
- 9/15 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza (4 p.m. in-store performance by Train at Macy's Herald Square)
- 9/16 - Miami Beach, FL @ Warsaw Ballroom (6 p.m. in-store performance by Splender at Burdine's Adventura)
- 9/19 - Phoenix, AZ @ Alice Cooper's Town (4 p.m. in-store performance by Splender at Dillard's Scottsdale)
- 9/21 - Los Angeles, CA @ Mayan Theater (4 p.m. in-store performance by Splender at Bloomingdale's Century City)
- 9/22 - Chicago, IL @ Club Metro (5:30 p.m. in-store performance by Train at Marshall Field's State Street)
- 9/23 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest Club (4 p.m. in-store performance by Splender at Bloomingdale's Mall of America)