When Britney Spears and Madonna shared a kiss in the middle of their performance at the 2003 VMAs, it seemed like it could have been a spontaneous display of affection. But Britney's manager Larry Rudolph has shared the inside scoop on the grueling rehearsals behind that iconic moment.
"Once that kiss happened, the world exploded," said Rudolph in a new video interview with Billboard.
He told the magazine all about Madonna's unforgiving rehearsal schedule: "Madonna had been very, very, very rigid about the rehearsals. She was telling Britney and I every day, 'Be here tomorrow at 10 o'clock.' She would never address me by name, she would just say, 'You, make sure Britney's here tomorrow at 10 o'clock.' And I would say, 'okay.' You don't want to upset her."
After the kiss happened and the media firestorm erupted, Madonna made sure to thank Rudolph personally for getting Britney to rehearsals on time. He explained how she confronted him in an elevator after the show and gave him a big kiss on the lips. "You see, Larry? It was all worth it," she said.
Watch Rudolph's interview below.
Madonna has been in the studio working on her new album, though unfortunately we don't see another collab with Britney in the cards.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023