The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Turns out Justin Bieber has been thinking the same thing a lot of us have over the past year. Reflecting on a wild 12 months in which every week seemed to bring a new headline about various misdeeds -- from hot boxing private jets to drag racing and DUI, egg raids on neighbors and tagging public buildings overseas -- Justin's admitted he has a lot to apologize for.
So he did. In a 90-second video posted Wednesday, Jan. 28, Bieber, 20, spoke from the heart about how he has acted lately and apologized to fans for his arrogance. "So I just wanted to make a video because I wanted to express how I feel right now," said Bieber in the dimly lit clip in which he wears a backwards baseball cap and black sweatshirt. The singer also copped to his nervousness during an appearance on the birthday edition of Ellen DeGeneres' talk show, which he had taped just hours before and which airs Thursday, Jan. 29.
"I think I was nervous because I was afraid of what people are thinking about me right now. It's been a minute since I've been in a public appearance," he said. "And I didn't want to come off arrogant or conceited, or basically how I've been acting the past year... I'm not who I was pretending to be. When I say pretending, often you pretend to be something we're not as a cover up of what we're truly feeling inside."
If it makes you feel any better, Justin said growing up in the music business is hard, but just growing up in general is a struggle. And despite all his fame and fortune, he admitted that he felt "awkward" on stage with DeGeneres and feared that people were judging him.
Ellen gave him some love following the taping, telling Justin he had nothing to worry about. "You were perfect," she tweeted.
And the singer, who will be roasted on Comedy Central next month, did seem like he did a fine job in a clip of the "Ellen" show, coming off as humble and somewhat shy as he gave the host a gift of the infamous Calvins he wears in his new underwear ads. Wearing a long grey sweatshirt and skinny black jeans, Bieber admitted he was nervous after not being on TV for a while.
In fact, Justin said that when he's not on stage with a mic performing he's almost always pretty anxious doing chat shows, a sentiment Ellen said she understands. The host also revealed that Justin's manager, Scooter Braun, had asked her to be part of the upcoming roast but she turned him down because she doesn't like being mean.
"I think it's just cool to be able to laugh at yourself," Justin explained when she asked why he was setting himself to get taken down on the roast. "I've done some things that might not have been the greatest? I just want to be able to laugh about it and own up to some things."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023