We're ready for the showdown. The Drake vs. Lil Wayne tour kicks off in on August 8 and although the YMCMB team hasn't finalized production for the jaunt just yet, we do know that there will be a battle royale on stage.
Lil Wayne told MTV News that his manager Cortez Bryant actually came up with the idea for Drake vs. Lil Wayne, and he definitely plans to have some fun with it.
"Since, thank god we've been so successful, [we'll just be] going back and forth with our hits and getting the crowd to go crazy, then just finally hit the stage together," Weezy told MTV News on his "Krazy" video set. "It's a battle type thing."
And who does Wayne think is favored to win this battle? "I give the good guy the edge," he joked.
Tune also confirmed that we can expect more Drake features on Tha Carter V (in addition to "Believe Me") and, of course, an appearance by Nicki Minaj. Don't just ask when the album will actually drop, because Wayne has no idea.
We were wondering if that Jay Z shout out on "D'Usse" meant a Hov feature might be coming too -- and he didn't rule it out.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023