As Tuatara prepares to release "Trading With the Enemy," its sophomore album of world music-tinged, ethereal pop, the group is planning to embark on a short tour with Screaming Trees vocalist, Mark Lanegan.
Tuatara, whose members include Peter Buck of R.E.M. and Barrett Martin of the Screaming Trees, will kick off the June and July dates with a special June 14 show in Washington, DC, that will be held after the curtain drops on that day's Tibetan Freedom Concert. Buck and Martin, who plays on R.E.M.'s new album, are slated to perform at the Tibetan benefit show the day before at RFK Stadium.
Fans of R.E.M. may also want to keep their eyes on Tuatara's June 19 concert scheduled for Athens, Georgia, which will brings Buck and Martin to R.E.M.'s hometown.
Lanegan's newest solo album, "Scraps at Midnight," arrives in stores on July 21 (see [article id="1433908"]"Screaming Trees Vocalist Finishes Up New Album"[/article]), and the vocalist will support
Tuatara for the first five dates before re-joining the band for a July 22 show in San Francisco.
Tuatara, which releases "Enemy" on June 23, will end its tour with two sets at this year's WOMAD music festival (see [article id="1429303"]"Tuatara, Joan Osborne, Wilco To Play WOMAD USA"[/article]) which will also include Bela Fleck and Ravi Shankar.
The dates announced for Tuatara's summer tour:
- 6/14 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 6/16 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 6/17 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 6/19 - Athens, GA @ Georgia Theater
- 6/20 - Atlanta, GA @ Variety Playhouse
- 7/12 - Winter Park, CO @ Music Festival
- 7/22 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
- 7/26 - Solana Beach, CA @ Belly Up Tavern
- 7/27 - West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues
- 7/30 - Portland, OR @ La Luna
- 7/31 - Seattle, WA @ WOMAD USA Festival
- 8/02 - Seattle, WA @ WOMAD USA Festival