As the debate rages on between fans over [article id="1684533"]who will play Christian Grey[/article] in the upcoming film adaption of E L James' best-selling erotic novel, [article id="1684729"]"Fifty Shades of Grey,"[/article] many are also contemplating who should take on the role of the female lead, Anastasia Steele.
The book, which began as "Twilight" fan fiction, describes Ana as "a pale, brown haired girl with blue eyes too big for her face." Fans are looking for someone that not only represents her physically, but can also balance her purity with her newfound sensual side.
"The trickiest part of all may be staying true to the book and finding an actress who can convey youth and innocence, as well as the depth of experience necessary to grow with the character," Lisa Parker from Fiftyshadesfilm.com told MTV News. "We're looking forward to someone submitting (pun intended) their name for consideration of the pivotal role of Ana. Maybe an 'it' girl like Jennifer Lawrence; a probable next 'it' girl like Allison Williams; or someone wanting to take a career leap like Felicity Jones, Emilia Clarke or Katie Cassidy."
Another fan favorite seems to be [article id="1682118"]"Mirror Mirror" star Lily Collins[/article] who, at 23, would be the right age to play the part.
"Lily Collins is one who I don't think has been mentioned too much" Mags Vazquez from Latersbaby.net said. "I look at the innocent part, she can probably pull that off really well, and she has the features that would go well."
With the novel's connection to the "Twilight" trilogy and with Robert Pattinson being rumored for the role as Christian, it is only natural that Kristen Stewart's name comes to mind.
"Kristen would be great," Alison Genet of Twifans.com said. "After all, it was written with her in mind. Isn't the author always right? I think it's also time for her to another edgy flick."
Yet, others feel until the role of Christian is filled, it may be hard to picture who would be able to take on Anastasia.
"The debate over who will play Christian is definitely a heated one," Parker said. "It just may be that it's too hard to think about casting Ana until she has her Fifty. We conducted a quick Twitter poll for this article, and their top three choices were Emmy Rossum, Alexis Bledel and going with an unknown."
But in the end, it will have to be up to the studio and James to cast the role of Anastasia, but according to fans, they trust that they will ultimately make the right decision.
"Author E L James gave Ana her voice in the trilogy," Parker said. "No one understands her better than she does, which is why we know she will make sure an actress with the right combination of 'inner goddess' and 'subconscious' is cast."
Who do you think should play Anastasia Steele in "Fifty Shades of Grey"? Cast your vote in the comments!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023