The series of wines is a project from an Australian advertising agency called Common Ventures. The Sydney company isn't officially linked to the series, they just wanted to give fans something to share while watching episodes. The wines are sourced from local Australian wineries, which means they'll likely be as sweet as those celebrated varietals from Dorne.
Jane Burhop of Common Venture said that the wines are meant to be consumed, not collected, and that they might help ease the pain of the show's brutal habit of killing off characters.
"Whether this becomes a coveted item for the fans or a bottle that is opened with every episode, this wine is made to be drunk with friends and to help soften the blow of the shock and heartache as our favorite characters are slowly killed off," said Burhop, adding that the characteristics of the wines were meant to mirror the houses themselves. "The reds are all associated with the houses that are head strong and robust. The whites on the other hand are more cunning, perceptive and mysterious."
The website continues in the same vein, drawing associations between the wine and the show. The series is set to launch in conjunction with the Season 5 premiere of the show, but you can pre-order bottles.
Whether it’s a bottle from beyond the wall or a case from the cellars of the Iron Bank, keep your mind fit for the death of summer with the lion’s share of vino. After all, winter is coming and is there a better way to warm up than with wine?
Have a wench fetch a goblet, reject all wedding invitations and settle down for a long, harsh winter.
12 houses. 12 temptations. Where does your loyalty lie?"
Even if you don't drink, you've got to give Common Ventures credit for the creativity behind this project.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023