Are you as excited about the long-awaited release of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" as we are? We've been gearing up for this film for months now and in addition to our early previews with writer/director Stephen Chbosky and glowing impressions gleaned at the L.A. premiere, MTV News is pleased to announce yet another "Perks"-related gem: "MTV First: The Perks of Being a Wallflower."
Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller will be on hand Tuesday September 18 to present an exclusive new clip from the film, followed by a 30-minute interview on MTV.com.
It all goes down at 7:56 p.m. ET, when the cast will introduce the clip on-air and then sit down with MTV News' Josh Horowitz for an extended interview about the film on MTV.com.
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" is based on Chbosky's book of the same name, which became a word-of-mouth hit/phenomenon when it was published in 1999. The story revolves around a sweet, smart and shy high school freshman Charlie (Lerman) whose life is changed for the better when he is embraced and adopted by an endearing group of oddball upperclassmen (Watson, Miller, Mae Whitman, etc.). It is a moving, poignant and just plain special coming-of-age story that has resonated with millions of readers for years. The film is scheduled to open in New York and Los Angeles on September 21, 2012 and expands to other select cities on September 28, 2012.
Set your reminders now to tune-in for "MTV First: The Perks of Being a Wallflower" on Tuesday September 18 at 7:56 p.m. ET.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023