Just because Lil Wayne can't vote doesn't mean the Young Money breadwinner isn't paying attention to the upcoming November 6 presidential election.
For Weezy, the platforms Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are running on come secondary to the depth of their character. "Following it? Yes, I am... Leaning one way? No, I'm not," Tunechi told MTV News earlier this month from his tour bus in Las Vegas. "I'm not leaning towards no one only because I can't. I can't vote. Unfortunately, I'm an ex-con."
Wayne's [article id="1624434"]conviction[/article] on a 2007 gun charge prevents him from taking part in the electoral process, but he still has an interest in the outcome. "I did follow it, I am paying attention to it and you know for me following it meaning I kinda did my research on who both of these people were and not really about what they're talking about or what they're politicking about... but just to figure out who these people are," he said.
While stressing the importance of education, the POTUS once name-dropped the "Lollipop" MC in a 2009 speech he gave in honor of the 100-year anniversary of the NAACP. "They might think they've got a pretty jump shot or a pretty good flow," he said, "but our kids can't all aspire to be LeBron or Lil Wayne. I want them aspiring to be scientists and engineers, doctors and teachers, not just ballers and rappers."
Even though he's been stripped of his rights, Weezy F. understands the importance of voting, but ultimately it's not up to him. He just hopes the American public chooses the right candidate.
"That's all I can do from a personal standpoint," he said. "I can't vote, so all I can do is figure out who these people are and whoever you guys choose at least I know a little bit about them."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023