After just about a decade in prison and being away from music, [article id="1643935"]Shyne[/article] obviously has an enormous amount of fodder to expound upon now that he's able to record again. The Brooklyn-raised MC already has a distribution deal with [article id="1632456"]Def Jam[/article] to put out an LP called Gangland in December. And while talking on Skype to MTV News last week, he revealed that there may be a whole separate project coming at the same time.
"I'm done," Shyne said of Gangland, which is also the name of Shyne's imprint. "I'm just making albums at this point. I'm on my fifth album. I'm not sure, me and Baby [Birdman] been talking. We been talking about doing the Cash Money thing where I put one album out on Def Jam, distributed by Def Jam, and Baby [will] distribute one album on Cash Money."
The LP on Cash Money would be called Messiah.
"I might do that. I'm not sure," Shyne said about coming with the Cash Money back project. "We're still finishing the fine points and negotiating that. Maybe I'll come with something six months later, [maybe] every six months. I've got so much to say, you dig? I don't think I can answer all the questions on one album. So I definitely think we can put out two different albums on the same day at the end of the year, then come back with a third one or another double set six months later. Get all this sh-- off my chest."
Shyne points out that besides street affiliations, there's a strong musical connection between himself and the Cash Money millionaires Baby and Lil Wayne.
"I've known Baby since I was young blood. Since I was coming up. I remember they used to come to New York and perform. Cash Money been running for a long time, since '97, putting it in. I remember when they were coming to New York and putting it in. That's when Wayne was a real young blood at the time. They performed at the Tunnel and I used to stay in contact with the theme through my co-defendant.
"[Birdman] was gonna take me on tour with them, then I got locked up," he continued. "He reached out to me and let me know if there was anything he could do to assist. When I was about to come out, he reached out to me again to see if there was anything he could do to help me. We've always had an open line of communication through the same banner, through the same rag. That's inevitable. I've got the utmost respect for what he does. [Baby's] a real roller, putting it in. He built Cash Money from nothing to something that's been great. Wayne, what's up. Rikers Island, I know the brothers is taking care of you in there. So Cash Money is definitely family."
Shyne says a video for his new song "The Roller Song" is already in the can and should be released within the next few weeks.
What are you expecting from Shyne's new music? Share your thoughts in the comments!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023