In song Drake is usually calm, measured and economical with his words, even when dealing in rap beef. On Friday (April 12) however, fans saw a different side of Drake when he went up to radio and took loud and direct shots at Chris Brown, while urging the media to just leave the drama alone.
"Don't ask me sh-- about that man when I come up there and leave that man alone. Stop preying on his insecurities," Drake told hip-hop journalist Elliott Wilson when he appeared on his "Keep It Thoro" Internet radio show, before bringing things a level higher and referencing Breezy's main squeeze Rihanna. "His insecurities are the fact that I make better music than him, that I'm more popping than him and that at one point in life the woman that he loves fell into my lap.
"I did what a real n---a would do and treated her with respect," he continued, while being vague.
Drake seemed particularly bothered about the last round of interviews that Chris Brown did when he visited New York City in March, where he had to field constant questions about their beef. "All them things combined create an individual that comes up to your radio station and is just gonna do dumb sh--. It shouldn't be about tearing that man down. It shouldn't be about wanting to see me and him tear each other down," he barked. "We have an issue and it's either gonna drag out or maybe in ten years we'll laugh about it over drinks, just let us solve that sh--."
On March 29 Brown dropped some rap bars on Young Jeezy's [article id="1704656"]"R.I.P." remix[/article] and suggested that Drake "come out the closet." Drizzy didn't seem overly concerned about a potential battle, a contest that he feels he'd win anyway. "I don't wanna hear that man rap, nobody wants to hear me rap against him. I really do this sh--," he boasted.
Nothing good can come from a Drake versus Chris Brown beef, Drizzy says and overall he is just focused on putting on his upcoming album Nothing Was the Same. "I'm not thinking about that man at all, or that girl, straight up," he said.
What do you make of Drake's comments concerning Chris Brown? Let us know in the comments!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023