Trina was the victim of theft recently, as the Diamond Princess' cell phone was stolen and personal pictures she snapped on the device, including nude images, were leaked online.
The Miami rapper told MTV News on Monday (March 1) that her phone was taken during the [article id="1623571"]BET Hip-Hop Awards[/article] in October and the criminal has attempted to shake her down for hush money.
"[The images are] me on a very upset day -- I think I was in Canada, upset crying," she explained. "Just personal stuff. Photos in the studio. I think [one] was me having an allergic reaction, breaking out. I just think it was my personal stuff and for someone to do that is so, so wrong. So now I'm actually having it looked into by the FBI and it's gonna be a bigger situation than just leaked photos. Hopefully we can deal with the situation and put an end to it."
Trina admitted she took some racy photos of herself, however all the images that appeared on various sites aren't from her phone. The rapper said whoever stole the images also placed some photos that are not her in an attempt to sensationalize the set. In addition to a few of the nude images, Trina said some of the photos are clean images of her at birthday celebrations, her with friends and an image of her fresh from a facial.
The set also contains several of Trina holding up her arm, which appears to have a rash of some sort, and she explained those pictures were taken in order to show her doctor -- the rapper broke out but wasn't sure what was causing the ailment.
"I don't recall being allergic to anything, but obviously, yeah [I am]," she said. "I was in the studio recording for a couple of days and just started having breakouts. And my doctor said you're allergic to shellfish or makeup bronzer."
Her doctor, she said, diagnosed her with Urticaria, which essentially is hives and has since gone away.
Trina's leaked nude photos follow similar situations that [article id="1611041"]Rihanna[/article] and [article id="1610845"]Cassie[/article] had to deal with last year.
Experts warn to think twice before taking private images on mobile devices, which can easily be lost and subject to strangers digging into your private material.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023