Phillip Faraone/Getty Images
After stepping away from the spotlight to seek treatment for depression and suicidal urges, Kid Cudi stepped back into it and delivered a hugely anticipated performance at ComplexCon on November 5 — and he brought some friends along, too.
Back when Cudi made his struggle with depression public, a number of his friends and fans, famous and otherwise, voiced their support and well wishes for his recovery. Travis Scott was among them, and the rapper joined Cudi at ComplexCon to perform, as did Pharrell Williams, who recently teamed up with Cudi for “Surfin’.”
As Complex points out, Cudi’s connection with his fans was just as strong in between songs as it was during the all-out performances themselves, and at one point he offered up a poignant affirmation to the crowd: “We can make it through. I am living proof.”
He is indeed, and drama be damned, it’s great to see him back up there.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023