In you've spent the past few days thinking about how incredible Katy Perry looked at the Grammys, join the club. If you were also hoping to learn how to achieve her gorgeous makeup, you've come to the right place. We got the 411 from Jake Bailey, Katy's makeup artist and the dude responsible for her #covermoment at the Grammys.
He told us that he and Katy decided on a dewy rose/ nude palette for the Grammys—the goal of the overall look was to be balanced, with all of the key features—eyes, cheeks, and lips—in play.
First, Jake matched Katy's skin to COVERGIRL Stay Fabulous Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Natural Beige and "buffed a small amount evenly all over her face and neck." Then, he "lengthened and arched her brows" using COVERGIRL Pow-Der Brow + Liner in Medium Brown.
For her insanely perfect eye look, Jake began with the COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Blooming Blushes. The palette includes four gold-ish hues, and he used all of ’em—beginning with the darkest shade on the outer corners of her eyes, the middle two shades on the eyelid, and the lightest as a highlighter in the corners of her eyes.
That incredible cat eye was achieved using COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner. Jake says he "finished the eyes with two coats on the top and bottom with COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara."
Then, Jake created her glow using a COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush compact and swirling the paler shades onto the apples of her cheeks.
Finally, he finished the balanced look with a nude lipstick—Sultry Sienna from the Colorlicious Lipstick collection, for those keeping track. And as a final touch—and for some shine—he topped off the entire look with COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lip Gloss in Melted Toffee.
Share your #covermoment with us on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to see it featured on covermoment.com. Stick with us and COVERGIRL for the latest in fashion, makeup tutorials, nail art, and more!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023