Legendary artist, singer, songwriter, performer, actor, and father David Bowie has reportedly died at the age of 69. The news was first posted on Bowie's official Facebook page, stating:
"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief."
The news was later confirmed by Bowie's rep to The Hollywood Reporter.
Bowie recently released a new album, "Blackstar," but was responsible for more than half a century of music that transformed the way artists approached the medium. From "Space Oddity," to "Ziggy Stardust," to his many film roles, it's impossible to sum up the career of Bowie in a few simple words -- though many of us will try to do so in the days, weeks and months that follow.
The news was further confirmed by Bowie's son, director Duncan Jones.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023