Johnny Nunez / Getty Images
Kendrick Lamar and Top Dawg Entertainment were at the center of the Grammys biggest controvesey last year and on Sunday (Feb. 8) it looks like K-Dot and TDE skipped the awards show altogether.
Lamar won a pair of gold gramophones tonight when his single "i" earned him two awards in the Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance categories during the pre-televised portion of the show, but he wasn't around to accept the trophies. His label mate and fellow Black Hippy MC, Schoolboy Q was nominated for his first time in the Best Rap Album category with his Oxymoron LP, and we haven't seen him tonight either.
Though we're not able to confirm that TDE officially boycotted the Grammys, we scoured all the red carpet photos that we can find and looked at the televised crowd shots with a sharp eye and didn't see Kendrick, Q or anyone from the TDE camp.
In 2014, Kendrick's good kid, m.A.A.d city lost to Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in the Best Rap Album category in a controversial decision. After Macklemore's win he posted a now-infamous Instagram post where he said that he felt as if he "robbed" Kendrick.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023