Kanye West often collaborates with fresh faces. Whether giving album looks to G.O.O.D. Music signees Kid Cudi and Cyhi The Prynce early in their careers, or shining a light on Chicago like he did with Lupe Fiasco on Late Registration and King L and Chief Keef on Yeezus, 'Ye keeps young blood around.
But Young Chop, the Chicago-bred producer who rose to prominence in 2012 with Chief Keef and is largely responsible for honing and popularizing the drill sound, doesn't think Kanye has the best interests of those new artists in mind.
"The n---a Kanye don’t make it no better," Chop said in an Instagram video, which he posted after previous ones where he discussed issues with Chicago artists. "He right along with the sh-ts. Use you, try to soak up everything n---as know, get you to write songs for the him, and then don’t call you after that. F--k him!"
Then, he got a little more specific: "Say for instance, like, 'Don’t Like,' and my boy Vic Mensa. They gonna make it seem like he put them on. And he really f--king didn't. N---as started from the bottom. Feel me?"
This isn't the first time Chop has called out Yeezy.
In 2012, shortly after 'Ye remixed Keef's Chop-produced breakout "Don't Like," the upstart beatsmith voiced his frustration.
"I’m mad as hell," he said. "I’m mad as f--k, 'cause for the simple fact that they did not ask me to change up sh-t in my beat.
"They don’t have no files to none of my sh-t, so how the f--k did they add another melody over the instrumental?" he continued. "These motherf--kers is playin’ me and I don’t give two f--ks, I will sue the sh-t out of Kanye West.”
The two eventually patched things up -- just a week later he said they were good -- and Chop ended up contributing to 2013's Yeezus. "I sat down with him and sh-t," he said last year. "Like, bro really motherf--king talented. He knows exactly what he wants and [Yeezus] is just gonna grow off that because the sh-t is just genius work."
Looks like things have taken a negative turn again, though.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023