Britney Spears married a Louisiana childhood friend Saturday morning in Las Vegas, though the marriage may not make it past Monday morning.
The 22-year-old pop superstar tied the knot with Jason Allen Alexander at Little White Wedding Chapel on the Strip, CNN reported early Sunday (January 4). The couple filed for a marriage license on Saturday, according to The Las Vegas Review-Journal. On Sunday afternoon, however, the Associated Press reported that an annulment would be filed Monday morning.
Britney and her husband recently started dating, and they spent New Year's Eve together at the Palms Casino Hotel nightclub. The pair decided to get married Friday night, People.com reported. (What do you think about Britney's marriage? You Tell Us.)
The club provided Spears with a lime-green limo driven by a hotel bellman, who took the couple to the chapel. However, the quickie wedding joint told Spears she couldn't get hitched without a license, so they were taken to the Clark County Marriage Bureau office at the downtown Las Vegas courthouse after 12:30 a.m. on Saturday.
It wasn't exactly a dream wedding. At the ceremony, Spears forsook traditional garb in favor of jeans and a baseball cap, and she was walked down the aisle by the hotel bellman. Her groom wore a casual shirt. There were no family or friends in the chapel.
After the wedding, Spears and Alexander retired to a luxury suite at the Palms Casino Hotel, and the next night Spears had dinner at the hotel steakhouse with her manager, her brother, a couple of friends and the owner of the Palms.
Spears' representatives were unavailable for comment.
For a full-length feature on Britney Spears, check out [article id="1480286"]"Britney Spears: 'I Don't Want To Be A Tease'. "[/article]
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023