Henry Cavill may have already suited up to play Superman in the 2013 film "Man of Steel," but that doesn't mean the next installment in DC's franchise, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," will look anything like a sequel. In fact, Cavill told MTV News during Warner Bros.' press day at CinemaCon that the 2016 film should be looked at as an entirely separate entity.
"I wouldn't call this a Superman sequel," Cavill said, while promoting his spy drama "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." with co-star Armie Hammer. "This is Batman versus Superman. It's a separate entity altogether. It's introducing the Batman character and expanding upon the universe, which was kicked off by 'Man of Steel.'"
Of course, Cavill also admitted that he hasn't seen any footage outside of the badass trailer we all saw earlier this week, but we're pretty sure the big man himself knows what he's talking about when it comes to his own movies.
"Everything could change in the editing room, but as it stands, it's an introduction of the character," Cavill concluded. "And ultimately, the introduction of Justice League."
We're ready for it, Cavill.
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" battles its way into theaters on March 25, 2016.