The end of the year is upon us, which means it’s time to honor the songs and artists that slayed 2016. Each December, DJ Earworm does just that by mashing up the 25 biggest tunes of the year into one massive jam called the “United State of Pop.” His 2015 version racked up over 12 million views alone, and his new one for 2016 is equally killer.
The Weeknd’s "Starboy" opens the video, leading into Twenty One Pilots’ “Ride.” Other featured songs include Calvin Harris’s “This Is What You Came For,” Bruno Mars’s “24K Magic,” and The Chainsmokers’ “Closer.” In other words, all the songs you heard on repeat throughout the year and could never get out of your head.
This is Earworm’s second major compilation this year, as he also releases an annual songs of the summer version. Perhaps give that one a listen if the cold weather’s got you feeling down; it’ll transport you to mid-July when the days were long and the nights were warm.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023