D Dipasupil/Getty Images
"The Equalizer" star Chloe Grace Moretz is very open about her feminism. She's spoken about the need for equal pay, movies with female leads and better parts for women.
"That was amazing," Moretz said of Watson's speech. "I'm definitely a feminist so I was very happy with the way that she put it out there."
The comments of so many women in the film industry, she said, actually hurt the cause for gender equality.
"There are so many actresses out there that have gone against feminism and said like, 'oh, I don't believe in it,'" Moretz said. "I really respect her for what she did."
Check out the clip above for more of Moretz's thoughts on Hollywood's gender inequality issues.
"The Equalizer" is in theaters now.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023