Janet Extends Velvet Rope
The Velvet Rope just got a little longer.
Janet Jackson has announced plans to extend her current Velvet Rope tour by another nine dates. After what was to be the tour's final date at New York's Madison Square Garden on October 11, Jackson has now plotted dates in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Atlantic City, New Orleans, and Houston among other destinations. The Madison Square Garden show will still be broadcast live on HBO.
For the newly announced leg of Janet's tour, the singer has tapped 'N Sync as her opening act.
Here's how Janet's new itinerary looks, complete with her new dates:
- 9/8 - San Antonio, TX @ Alamodome
- 9/11 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Coral Sky Amphitheatre
- 9/12 - Tampa, FL @ Ice Palace
- 9/15 - Orlando, FL @ Orlando Arena
- 9/16 - Atlanta, GA @ Lakewood Amphitheatre
- 9/18 - Boston, MA @ FleetCenter
- 9/19 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Mark G. Etess Arena
- 9/21 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
- 9/22 - Burgettstown, PA @ Star Lake Amphitheatre