Amanda Bynes Reportedly Checked Into Psychiatric Treatment Center

Following recent allegations of sexual abuse against her father, the star has been placed on an involuntary psychiatric 5150 hold.

Amanda Bynes has reportedly been placed under an involuntary psychiatric hold today (October 10), according to reports from multiple outlets. TMZ broke the story, which comes only two weeks after the star was arrested for a DUI in Los Angeles.

E! News has confirmed that Bynes is checked into Las Encinas hospital in Pasadena, California, a center that offers "a wide range of behavioral health care treatment options for patients with psychiatric, chemical dependency, or co-occurring disorders."

TMZ reports that she is under a 5150 order which places the individual under a 72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold, during which they are given a mental health evaluation. The order under the section of the California Welfare & Institutions Code allows for the involuntary hold when someone "make[s] statements that they’re either a danger to themselves or others, or gravely disabled."

Amanda's parents Rick and Lynn Bynes were seen arriving at the center shortly after their daughter. The police were also reportedly at the treatment facility. In a series of now deleted tweets, Bynes recently accused her father of sexual abuse, then later recanted the statements. In an official statement to E! News Lynn's attorney Tamar Arminak has denied the accusations.

"I am heartbroken today for my husband of 47 years," she said. "Rick has been the best father and husband a family can ask for. He has never abused Amanda or our other children physically or sexually. These accusations are absolutely horrible and could not be further from the truth! These allegations stem from Amanda's mental state at the moment. They have no basis in reality. It saddens me beyond belief that my husband's character could be slandered in such a way."

This isn't the first time Bynes' parents have taken action to get help for their daughter. Back in July 2013 she was held for several months after a series of escalating events that peaked when Bynes set fire to a neighbor's driveway. The 28-year-old's parents were granted a conservatorship that expired as of this past August.

Our thoughts are with the Bynes family during this time as they seek the help they need in this trying situation.