Lamb Of God Singer Randy Blythe To Post Bail In Manslaughter Case

Blythe was taken into custody in Prague on Wednesday and will be able to post bail on Monday.

Lamb of God singer D. Randall "Randy" Blythe, 41, appeared in a Czech courtroom on Saturday for a hearing connected to the death of a fan at one of the band's shows in 2010. The Czech news site reported that Blythe expects to be released on Monday morning (July 2).

At press time it was unclear if Blythe had posted bail and if authorities would allow him to leave the country after doing so. A spokesperson for the band could not be reached for further comment.

The Lamb of God singer was arrested last week
 at the airport in Prague, where his Grammy-nominated band was scheduled to perform at the Czech Republic capital's Rock Cafe. Authorities charged him in connection with an alleged incident that resulted in a concertgoer's death two years ago.

Bail was set at 4 million Czech Koruna (approximately $200,000) in the case, in which Blythe has been charged with manslaughter in connection with a 2010 concert at Prague's Club Abaton where he is alleged to have shoved a local fan from the stage. The man Czech media identified only as "Daniel N." reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that left him comatose and resulted in his death 14 days afterward. When the bail was set on Saturday, Blythe noted that the amount was equal to his annual income.

The singer was described as "timid as a lamb" during the hearing, during which he did not speak. Because the judge considers him a flight risk, he ordered Blythe held in the country until at least Monday.

In slow-motion video of the alleged incident posted by Czech Republic's TV Nova, Blythe and what appears to be a security guard can be seen pushing the fan off the stage and back into the audience.

Blythe is facing five to 10 years in prison if convicted of the charge of "bodily harm of the 4th degree and resulting in the death of a fan." Lamb of God canceled a show at the Rock Cafe in Prague Thursday after Blythe was brought in for questioning.

At the time of the arrest, the band's publicist, Maria Ferrero, issued a statement denying the allegations. "As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos," she said in an email to the press, which promised a statement from the band's management on Monday.

"Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far," she continued. "Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head. Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate."

The alleged incident took place during a show at Prague's Club Abaton in May 2010. Ferrero could not be reached for additional comment at press time.