Last week, Fall Out Boy announced they'd be hitting the road for a string of small (well, to them, anyway) club shows to build buzz for their upcoming Infinity on High album. But as is the case with seemingly every band these days, they chose to ratchet up the excitement by doing something a little different: They only confirmed the first and last dates of the tour.
It was a move meant to fuel both excitement and speculation among fans — and a move that was promptly undone this weekend, when the full string of dates for the Friends or Enemies jaunt were mistakenly posted on FOB tourmates New Found Glory's official Web site (whoops!). Of course, nearly as soon as the tour itinerary appeared, it was yanked from the site — a spokesperson for NFG's label, Geffen Records, said she wasn't even aware the mishap had occurred — but, given that this is the Internet, the damage was already done. The dates had leaked.
On Tuesday (December 5), the full list of tour dates was posted on FriendsOrEnemies.com. The trek kicks off on January 4 in San Francisco and wraps on January 20 in Orlando, Florida, making stops in 13 cities in between. In addition to NFG, Fall Out Boy will be joined on the road by the Early November, Permanent Me, and, on select dates, legendary New Jersey hardcore unit Lifetime. Tickets for some dates are expected to go on sale December 15.
Fall Out Boy's Friends or Enemies tour dates, according to Island Records:
- 1/4 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre
- 1/5 - Anaheim, CA @ The Grove of Anaheim
- 1/6 - Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee Theatre
- 1/7 - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
- 1/8 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 1/10 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 1/11 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 1/12 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
- 1/13 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
- 1/14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 1/16 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 1/17 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 1/18 - Raleigh, NC @ Disco Rodeo
- 1/19 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
- 1/20 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live