Just nine days after announcing a 21-date headlining tour with 40 Below Summer and In Flames, Slipknot have to set aside their masks and jumpsuits until 2002.
The band postponed the shows because the wife of percussionist Shawn Crahan (a.k.a. Clown, #6) recently underwent an operation for Crohn's disease and her doctors said she will need six weeks to recover. During that time, Crahan will remain at home in Iowa with her and their three children.
The tour was to begin November 21 in Fargo, North Dakota and end one month later in the band's hometown of Des Moines, Iowa, according to the band's label.
Slipknot still plan to embark on their European and Japanese tour, which is scheduled to begin January 20 in Helsinki, Finland. Those dates wrap up in March 24 in Tokyo. The band hopes to reschedule the postponed U.S. shows after they return from the Far East.
The band's Iowa was released August 28 and debuted at #3.
The postponed Slipknot dates, according to Roadrunner Records:
- 11/21 - Fargo, ND @ Civic Memorial Auditorium
- 11/23 - Columbus, OH @ PromoWest Pavilion
- 11/24 - Saginaw, MI @ Wendler Arena
- 11/25 - Monaca, PA @ Beaver Dome at Beaver County Community College
- 11/27 - Huntington, WV @ Civic Arena
- 11/28 - Dayton, OH @ Toledo Sports Arena
- 11/29 - Ft. Wayne, IN @ Allen County Memorial Coliseum
- 11/30 - La Crosse, WI @ La Crosse Center
- 12/2 - Sioux Falls, SD @ Sioux Falls Arena
- 12/3 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 12/5 - Valley Center, KS @ Kansas Coliseum
- 12/6 - Kansas City, MO @ Hale Arena
- 12/7 - Springfield, MO @ Shrine Mosque
- 12/9 - McAllen, TX @ Villa Real Convention Center
- 12/10 - Houston, TX @ Houston Arena Theatre
- 12/12 - Pensacola, FL @ Bayfront Auditorium
- 12/13 - Tampa, FL @ USF Special Events Center
- 12/14 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 12/15 - Sunrise, FL @ Sunrise Musical Theatre
- 12/17 - Atlanta, GA @ Dekalb Center
- 12/21 - Des Moines, IA @ 7 Flags Center
For a feature interview with Slipknot, check out "Slipknot: Home Is Where The Art Is."