Boston roots-rock trio Guster will break from writing material for their next album to play a six-week tour of colleges and theaters across the country beginning in late March.
Kicking off in Allentown, Pennsylvania, on March 25, the 29-date outing will hit venues ranging from San Francisco's landmark Fillmore theater to small schools, like John Carrol University in Ohio.
As for the follow-up to 1999's Lost and Gone Forever, which included the singles "Fa Fa" and "Barrel of a Gun," percussionist Brian Rosenworcel said the band plans on shaking things up a bit.
"Everyone's feeling a bit ambitious," Rosenworcel wrote on the band's Web site (www.guster.com). "Everyone's trying to play every instrument but their own. We're hoping [the album] will be as much of a musical evolution as our latest ideas hint it may be."
Guster's third major-label release will likely hit shelves early next year, a spokesperson for Sire Records said.
The band, which also includes singer/guitarists Ryan Miller and Adam Gardner, formed at Tufts University in the early '90s and gained a nationwide fanbase through relentless touring. Guster's second independent album, Goldfly, was picked up by Sire and featured the haunting single "Airport Song."
Guster tour dates, according to Sire:
- 3/25 - Allentown, PA @ Muhlenberg College
- 3/26 - State College, PA @ Penn State University
- 3/30 - San Francisco, CA @ Fillmore
- 3/31 - Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
- 4/2 - Portland, OR @ Roseland
- 4/3 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox
- 4/5 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Bricks
- 4/6 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theater
- 4/7 - Denver, CO @ Gothic Theater
- 4/10 - Austin, TX @ Stubb's Bar-BQ
- 4/11 - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Tea Room
- 4/12 - St. Louis, MO @ Pageant,
- 4/13 - Nashville, TN @ 328 Performance Hall
- 4/14 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
- 4/17 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
- 4/18 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 4/19 - Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo
- 4/20 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 4/21 - University Heights, OH @ John Carrol University
- 4/23 - Rochester, NY @ Auditorium Center
- 4/25 - Durham, NC @ Duke University
- 4/27 - Durham, NH @ University of New Hampshire
- 4/28 - Medford, MA @ Tufts University (day)
- 4/28 - Storrs, CT @ University of Connecticut (night)
- 5/1 - Burlington, VT @ Flynn Theater
- 5/2 - Albany, NY @ Palace Theater
- 5/3 - New Haven, CT @ Palace Theater
- 5/4 - Towson, MD @ University of Maryland
- 5/5 - Upper Darby, PA @ Tower Theater