Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan helped Depeche Mode close their set at the annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas this weekend as he joined the moody synth-rock outfit on their "Never Let Me Down Again."
Corgan and the Pumpkins actually covered the track on this year's Depeche Mode tribute album "For The Masses," and the frontman strapped on his guitar to join DM Saturday night at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium.
Corgan was on hand to turn in a solo set of his own Saturday night as part of a bill that also included the Brian Setzer Orchestra, Cake, Everlast, Garbage, Goo Goo Dolls, Semisonic, and Soul Coughing.
According to Depeche Mode's camp, the collaboration was hatched last month when Corgan came out to see DM play in Chicago.
Depeche Mode now resumes its tour behind of "Singles 86 > 98." Here's where to find them:
- 12/14 - Phoenix, AZ @ America West Arena
- 12/15 - San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena
- 12/18 - Inglewood, CA @ Great Western
- 12/19 - Inglewood, CA @ Great Western Forum
- 12/20 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
- 12/22 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond