Smashing Pumpkins, the Cure, the Deftones, Gus Gus, and Rammstein have made the cut and will see their unique odes to Depeche Mode released on an upcoming tribute album to that influential 80s synth-mope outfit.
"For The Masses," which arrives on August 4, and will also boast tracks from Apollo 440, God Lives Underwater, Veruca Salt, Failure, Dishwalla, Meat Beat Manifesto, Hooverphonic, Locust, Monster Magnet, and Rabbit in the Moon. Contrary to reports (see "God Lives Underwater On Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode Projects"), the album does not carry cuts from Trent Reznor, Smash Mouth, or Foo Fighters. The album's release will come two months before Depeche Mode itself releases its 13th album, "The Singles 86-98," which arrives on October 13.
When "For The Masses" arrives, here's what fans will find:
- Smashing Pumpkins - "Never Let Me Down Again"
- God Lives Underwater - "Fly On The Windscreen"
- "Enjoy The Silence"
- The Cure - "World In My Eyes"
- Dishwalla - "Policy Of Truth"
- Veruca Salt - "Somebody"
- Meat Beat Manifesto - "Everything Counts"
- Hooverphonic - "Shake the Disease"
- Locust - "Master & Servant"
- Self - "Shame"
- Monster Magnet - "Black Celebration"
- Rabbit in the Moon - "Waiting For The Night"
- Apollo 440 - "I Feel You"
- Gus Gus - "Monument"
- Deftones - "To Have And To Hold"
- Rammstein - "Stripped"