After debuting at a lofty 22 on the "Billboard" album chart with "Chamber Music" and knocking down the first leg of their U.S. tour, the noble freaks in Coal Chamber will kick off the second leg of their outing next week in Las Vegas.
Bolstered by bassist Nadja Puelen, who is filling in for the very, very pregnant Rayna Foss-Rose (who is still waiting for her baby to arrive), the band will return to the road on October 9 at Vegas' Sam Boyd Complex.
On the first leg of Coal Chamber's tour (dubbed the "Livin' La Vida Loco" tour in a tip of the cap to the band's breakthrough track "Loco"), the group made the rounds with Machine Head, Slipknot and AMEN. This time, the band will once again have Slipknot and AMEN in tow to open up and will bring along Dope as well. Meanwhile, Machine Head will be off opening up for Sevendust on that band's upcoming tour.
Coal Chamber also took its new sounds to the masses with the first video from "Chamber Music" for its collaborative effort
with Ozzy Osbourne on "Shock The Monkey." The clip debuted last weekend as part of MTV's "Return of the Rock" programming, and if you'd rather see Coal Chamber in the flesh, here's where to look:
- 10/9 - Las Vegas, NV @ Sam Boyd Complex
- 10/11 - Cloverdale, CA @ Cloverdale Citrus Fair
- 10/13 - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
- 10/14 - Colorado Springs, CO @ Colorado Music Hall
- 10/15 - Denver, CO @ Odgen Theatre
- 10/17 - Des Moines, IA @ Super Toad Entertainment Cntr.
- 10/18 - Kansas City, MO @ The Beaumont Club
- 10/19 - Sauget, IL @ Pop's
- 10/20 - Wichita, KS @ The Cotillion
- 10/21 - Austin, TX @ The Back Room
- 10/22 - Dallas, TX @ Coca-Cola Starplex
For an in-depth interview with Coal Chamber plus RealVideo of the band recording with Ozzy Osbourne, check out the MTV News Online feature "Coal Chamber: Freaks Like Us."