NBC / YouTube
The mark of a good song is how well it holds up in a completely new context — like, for example, on toy instruments. Ed Sheeran put his No. 1 single "Shape of You" to the test Monday night (February 27) by performing it with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show using xylophones, tambourines, and a banana-shaped hand shaker.
It turns out that "Shape of You" has a beat that's pretty easy to replicate with only tools you'd find in a preschool classroom. Sheeran also sounds great when he has The Roots backing him up on vocals.
While Ed got really into shaking that banana, the best part of the whole performance was probably the moment Black Thought photobombed him from behind. Their onstage chemistry is already perfect.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023