After tweeting that it's been a "strange 24 hours," Liam Payne decided to expand on his thoughts by posting a long message calling Zayn's departure one of the "worst times" and something they are all "deeply saddened by."
"To a lot of people it's just a bunch of silly kids in a band, but to the people involved it means so much more. This last week has been some of the worst times," he wrote. "It's something we are all deeply saddened by."
He then added what he will miss the most about his former bandmate, saying that things just won't be the same without him -- which will no doubt bring tears to Directioners' eyes.
"It's sad to think for the time being we won't grace the stage as five bros," he said. "Or have the same fun on a tour bus or laughs in a hotel together that we have over the years, but I'm super sure us and Zayn will always remain the closest friends."
See, Zayn, they told you they would always be your BFFs.
Liam also made sure to call out the fans, letting them know that it's "ok to be sad," but that he, Harry, Niall and Louis will be forging ahead and that their career is "far from over."
"When we very 1st became successful we all agreed that One Direction had become much bigger than each individual member," he wrote. "That's why I feel like right now it's ok to be sad and upset but I do ask everyone who is a fan of us to please keep ur faith in us I'm sure there's a lot more to come."
Those sentiments seem to echo what Niall and Louis tweeted out earlier, saying their next album will be their "best."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023