- Not blaming my father. I love my father,
but growing up,he definitely got into my head.
Growing up, my mother thought I was too small
to do anything physical, so she never let me play football
or anything like that, so my dad was like,
"You know,my son's not gonna be a punk."
So he got me involved into boxing since I was, like--
man, like, six, seven years old.
On and off throughout the years,
I boxed, you know, from different rec centers
to boxing all the wayin the Marine Corps.
When I got out the Marine Corps,
I went through, you know,a situation in my life
where, you know,uh, I was looking for answers.
- All right, guys, bring it in.
- And I asked, God,you know, to give me something.
- Throughout our liveswe face all kinds
of different challenges,we face different battles.
- And it just so happenedto be mixed martial arts.
- Every day of your lifewhen you wake up in the morning,
I gotta choose to do right,choose to do wrong.
- I have that faith and believe in everything that God does,
and know that he hasa purpose for me.
- On three.One, two, three.