- I think MTV wasahead of the curve
in getting transgendervisibility
into mainstream media.
- The first timethat I cross-dressed,
I had this cute, like, little leather skirt
and this cute top, and I looked in the mirror,
I'm like, "Holy [bleep],that works."
I'm like, "This iswhat was missing from my life."
This is what was wrong.
I realized that I was actuallyfemale rather than male.
I identified as female.
- Katelynn from"The Real World: Brooklyn"
was the first transgender personI ever saw on TV
and it was justabsolutely groundbreaking.
- It was extremely brave of her
and she gave a voiceto part of the community
that had never beenheard before.
- There are dayswhen I don't--
like, I wake up, and I'm like,"How the hell am I still here?"
- I think honestywhen you're on reality shows
is really what resonateswith viewers.
- If I can help any people with my experiences
and what I've had to sufferthrough,
that's my whole goal here.