- Matt, are thereany other misconceptions
about your sobriety?
- I did absolutely exaggeratethe length of my sobriety--
even with herwhen I first met--
when I first met her.
I had tried to get sober.
I had relapsed a few times.
- When we got together,
he wasn't soberwhen I met him.
- I wasn't, no.- And I knew it.
And I can say thathe would not have been sober
if it wasn't for me.- Mm-mm.
- 'Cause I tookthose [bleep] pills,
poured 'em down the toiletand threw it at him.
- Was that hard for you to watchthe pills going down the toilet?
both: Oh, yeah.- It was hard for him.
For sure.- Oh, yeah, if...
I wanted to go swimmingafter them.
There's no question, but
that was the daymy sobriety really,
really kicked in.
It was either her or drugs.
And I wasn't giving up her.
- I said,"You will not be with me"...
- "If you're doing this[bleep]."
He made the decision.- Testament to your sobriety?
- Yeah.- And your commitment to it?
- I can't be with somebodythat's using.
- Mm-hmm.Is it weird for you still
with how strongthe tabloid fixation is
and that it--it's not relenting?Like, especially
the last we talked--the last few weeks,
it's gotten worse than ever.
- I think all thenegative stuff that people
have been writing about him,it reflects on me as well.
And it's hard,it's really hard on me
because I've worked so hard to
get my life backand my image back.
- Think you're goingto marry Matt eventually?
I love Matt because I knewhis potential when I met him.
He was such a good person.He was so sweet.
It was genuine.
I can usually tell whensomebody's bull[bleep]ing me.
I've never met a person who
I wanted to hang out withall the time.
I've never met a person thatI really cared about that much.
He's done so much in his lifethat people
won't let him move forward.
And I'll let him move forward,you know?
So I think we connectbecause of that.