VIDEO CLASH FAQ
What is it?
Use your Virgin Mobile phone to vote on the next video that airs on "Video Clash."
How do I use it?
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the "Main Menu" of your Virgin Mobile cell phone and use the "OK" function to select "VirginXtras."
2. Scroll until your arrow or highlight is on "*MTV." Use the "OK" function to select it.
3. You are now on the "*MTV Main Menu." Scroll until your arrow or highlight is on "On-Air Shows." Use the "OK" function to select it.
4. Scroll down until your arrow or highlight is on "Video Clash." Use the "OK" function to select it.
5. Now is when the battle gets going. If you want to vote during the show, select "Vote." If you want to sign up to receive an alert before the next show, select "Alerts" (and see step #7 below).
6. If you select "Vote" you will soon receive a text "ballot," which will arrive just like a normal text message. When the message arrives, use the "OK" function to view the message, and then hit "OK" again to read the message.
7. When you receive your ballot, all you have to do is simply select "Reply" and type "A" or "B" to indicate the video you're voting for, then select "Send." Remember, you can vote as many times as you want for each video and you can use the same ballot for every battle during the show. (And, votes placed on your Virgin Mobile phone count more than other votes. Aren't you special?)
8. If you selected "Alerts" in step #4 above, highlight "Video Clash" and select "Sign Up." A screen will appear confirming that you are now signed up for the "Video Clash" alert service. Now you'll always be ready for battle.
9. When you get a new "Video Clash" alert, a page will pop to the screen of your Virgin Mobile phone letting you know that you have a new text message (this is the same for both *MTV Alerts and other text messages that you get). In order to see the "Video Clash" alert, select "View" from the screen pop, or look in the "Text Inbox" in the "Messages" menu under your phone's "Main Menu."
10. You can also vote by sending a text message directly to Video Clash. First, in the main Virgin Mobile menu, select "Messages." Next, select "Send New."
11. In the "Send To" window, type "6881" and press "OK." Then, in the "Message" window, type "A" or "B" depending on which video you're voting for, and press "OK." br>
12. Select "Send Message" and press "OK." That's it!
How about some tips?
Sure, here are some tips:
1. For each new "Video Clash" show, you can use the same ballot for every battle during that particular show.
2. "Video Clash" airs live on the East Coast and is pre-recorded for the West Coast. If you're on the West Coast, there isn't live voting for your video choice, but you can vote for the Main Event Battle anytime.
3. You can vote anytime, anyplace.
4. Your phone has to be on and working in order to receive "Video Clash" alerts (so make sure that your battery is charged).
5. There's a new set of "Video Clash" videos to vote on every week day.
6. Tune in to "Video Clash" at 12 a.m. ET weekdays, on MTV to see which video won.
7. Go to www.mtv.com/onair/video_clash/recent.jhtml
to see the recent winners and watch all of the videos on your computer.
How much does it cost?
Standard text messaging charges apply - each vote only costs 10 cents. Like all VirginXtras, Video Voting is accessible simply if you have purchased a Virgin Mobile phone.