MTV.com "Fantasy Challenge" sponsored by Saturn
Official Rules - No Purchase Necessary
1. Promotion Period: The promotion will be posted on MTV.com, a website owned and controlled by MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("MTV") starting at or around 11:00 AM (ET) January 14, 2002 and ending at 6:00 PM (ET) May 16, 2002 (the "Promotion Period").
The Promotion will be conducted based on the airing of (16) sixteen episodes of "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons" scheduled to air weekly beginning January 28, 2002 through May 16, 2002. The end date of the Promotion may change due to amendments in the on-air schedule and there may also be preemptions. If this occurs, notice will be posted on MTV.com.
2. Registration / Selecting Your Initial Team: "Entrants" may register for the Promotion beginning at or around 11:00 AM (ET) January 14, 2002. Entrants must be registered users of MTV.com and must complete all of the required fields of "The Fantasy Challenge" Promotion Registration Form ("Registration") at MTV.com. Entrants will not be allowed to register during Frozen Team Roster periods (see Rule #4).
During Registration, Entrants will also be required to select (8) eight members from the cast of the "Real World/Road Challenge: Battle of the Seasons to make up their initial "Fantasy Challenge" Team ("Team "). Each Entrant will then be the Manager of their Team and the "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons" cast members they choose will be deemed their Players ("Players").
Limit one (1) Team per person and/or email address. The Registration process requires that Entrants provide personal information (including name, address and phone number for Promotion fulfillment purposes).
3. Changing Your Team: As the Manager of a Team, after initial Registration, an Entrant may change their Team by Trading Players. Entrants must have at least two Players on the Team at all times. A Trade is accomplished when an Entrant Trades (1) one Player on their Team for any other Player / cast member who is not already on their team. A Trade may be made at any time excluding Frozen Team Roster Periods (see Rule #4). During the course of the 16-week series, Entrants will be allowed to make up to six (6) individual Player Trades in total.
Note: An Entrant will receive points for a given Player as long as that Player is on the Entrant's Team. When a trade is made, the Entrant will not be awarded the new Players' Points retroactively. Their Team total will still reflect the Points earned for the previous Player. They will only earn Points for the new Player going forward in the Promotion.
Incomplete or inaccurate Registration Forms / Trades are void.
4. Frozen Team Roster Period: The "Real World/Road Rules Challenge; Battle of the Seasons" airs every Monday night beginning January 28, 2002 and through May 16, 2002 at 10:00 PM ET/PT, 9:00 PM CT. During the shows airing period, Monday is considered "game day" and Entrants must have all of their Trades made to their Team by 6:00 PM ET each Monday prior to the episode airing. The Teams will be frozen from 6:00 PM ET on Mondays through approximately 6:00 PM ET on Tuesdays during the Promotion Period. While the Team Roster is frozen, Entrants will not be allowed to make changes to their Teams (no Trades will be accepted and you will not be allowed to change your players' status from "start" to "bench" or vice-versa).
5. Earning Points / Scoring: During each of the sixteen (16) "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons" episodes during the Promotion Period, cast members / Players will earn points when they accomplish certain activities as outlined below. Each time the cast member / Player receives points, all Entrants who have that Player on their Team (prior to the Frozen Roster Period), earn that number of points for that week's episode. The goal of the game is for an Entrants' Team to earn as many points as possible on a Weekly and cumulative basis during the Promotion Period.
The categories in which Points will be awarded to Players / Entrants are as follows:
||You score points every time one of your Players cries--tears must be shown to receive points. If someone looks like they are about to cry, it doesn't count. You only get points once for a single occurrence of crying (e.g. If your character begins to cry before the commercial break and continues to cry after the commercial break, this only counts as one instance, even though the same event may be shown several times throughout the episode.) Crying does not count if it occurs during a flashback sequence (See Flashback").
|You score points every time one of your Players is an active participant in a verbal or physical fight. Being an on-looker when a fight occurs does not count. "Fight" as defined by MTV.com includes screaming, yelling, storming out of a room, hitting, etc. It does not include fights that occur during a Challenge competition-which would fall under the "Foul Play" category. Fighting does not count if it occurs during a flashback sequence (See Flashback").
|You score points every time one of your Players is the giver or receiver of a hug or kiss--this includes platonic hugs and friendly kisses (e.g. kisses on the cheek) and it also includes short, neat, lip-touching kisses that are romantic (any kiss that is "sloppy" or is a "french kiss" would fall under the "Making Out/Hooking Up" category). An arm around someone's shoulder does not count as hugging unless the initial contact started with a hug and then phased into a more casual arm around shoulder.
|You score points every time your Player is a willing participant in major kissing that represents something more than platonic friendship. This includes French kissing, making out, and hard-core smooching. This category also includes any other sexual contact or when more than kissing is implied (e.g. we see a couple getting into bed, smooching and pulling the covers over their heads). Kisses on the cheek don't count in this category (see "Hugs & Kisses"). Hooking Up/Making Out does not count if it occurs during a flashback sequence (See Flashback").
||You will receive points when your Players bare a part of their body that is normally covered up by undergarments--blurring of the picture will occur.
||Every time someone on your team says a curse word in which "bleeping" is required, you will receive points. "Bleeping" occurs when a word is said that violates the FCC or MTV's standards of what's acceptable to say on MTV.
||You will receive points every time your Player trash-talks a person or an entire team in a competition sense. (e.g. If they are a Real Worlder, they can trash-talk someone on Real World, Road Rules or the entire Real World or Road Rules team.) Trash-talking only applies ONLY to competition--bad-mouthing, gossiping or talking negatively about someone does not count (See "Gossiping/Bad-Mouthing"). Trash-talking would include things like the following: "Our team is so much stronger than the Road Rules team. We're going to kick their asses!"
|Anytime your Player talks negatively about someone else, you receive points. Bad-mouthing can occur when a Player is talking to another Player or when a Player is talking directly to the camera in an interview form. This is a personal attack on someone else. A good rule of thumb to decide if something qualifies as "gossipin/bad-mouthing," is to ask yourself, "Would that person be pissed if they heard someone say this about them?" If the answer is "yes," then it would qualify as "gossiping/bad-mouthing." This would include statements like, "Mike is such a back-stabber. I can't stand him." This category does not include talking badly about someone from another team in a competition sense. For instance, "Timmy is a horrible athlete, he will really suck at any of the challenges." This would be considered "Trash-Talking" because it is regarding competition. Gossiping/Bad-Mouthing counts as seperately if they're in different locations (e.g. If Chris starts Bad-Mouthing Josh while he is sitting on the couch, then the show cuts to an interview clip of Chris bad-mouthing Josh, and then the show cuts back to Chris on the couch continuing to bad-mouth Josh--this would count as 2 instances of "Gossiping/Bad-Mouthing because Chris sitting on the couch counts as one instance and Chris in the interview counts as a seperate instance since they took place at different settings.)
||Anytime your Player gives a pep talk, you will receive points. A pep talk is defined as a speech or a discussion designed to raise the morale of another person or a group of people. This does not include "rooting" (e.g. "Go, Elka!" does not count as a pep-talk). Points are awarded for the person who gives the pep-talk, not to the receiver of the pep talk.
||If your Player gets injured at anytime during the show, you receive points. The injury can occur during a Challenge or when they're just hanging around. An injury includes everything from minor bleeding to broken bones or being hospitalized for any reason.
|Refusal to Participate
||If your Player refuses to participate in a Challenge competition for any reason, you will receive points. Reasons to refuse participation can range from "religious reasons" to "fear of heights."
||A flashback refers to when something that happened on a previous season of Real World, Road Rules or The Real World/Road Rules Challenge is mentioned or a scene from a previous season is shown. You will get points if your Player is the one who mentions something from a previous season or if your Player appears in a flashback from another season. If another Fantasy Point item happens within the flashback (e.g. Crying, Fighting, etc.), you will not receive points for those categories, you will only receive points for the Flashback.
||You will receive points each time one of your Players does one of the following bodily functions: Vomiting, Farting, Burping, and Spitting.
||Foul Play can only occur during a Challenge competition and includes anytime someone cheats to win or uses physical force in a way that is against the rules of that particular competition. You will receive points every time your Player uses Foul Play.
| Each week, there will be a "buzz word" worth 10 points. The buzz word is a secret word that will be revealed on the Web site the day after the episode airs (Tuesday). If your Player says the buzz word, you will receive points. The word may be said several times throughout the episode and you will receive points each time it is said by your Player. Each week's buzz word will be posted on MTV.com the day after the episode airs (Tuesdays) at around 6:00 p.m. ET.
| Every time there is an official competition (a.k.a. "Challenge"), you will receive the same amount of points that all of your Players combined earn in the Challenge. For instance, if your Players earn a total of 20 points in the on-air Challenge, you will receive 20 points as well.
Note: You only get points once for a single occurrence of an activity. For example, for crying, if your character begins to cry before the commercial break and continues to cry after the commercial break, this only counts as one occurance, even though the same event may be shown several times throughout the episode. Another example may include hooking-up or making out where you will receive points while the couple is together (regardless of how many kisses or how long the hook-up or make-out occurs). In this type of activity, once the couple have completely walked away from each other, they can then come back together later for a second make-out or hook-up section and you would receive additional points. Again, if a couple begins making-out before a commercial break and then they continue their make-out session after the break, this will only count as one occurance.
All Point scoring, activity classifications and judgment calls are at the sole discretion of MTV.com and cannot be disputed. MTV decisions will be considered final on all aspects of this promotion. MTV.com reserves the right to change the Point values earned and activities which yield Points at any time. Notice of such changes will be posted on MTV.com.
Entrants can visit MTV.com every Tuesday to check their Point scores from the previous night's show. The scores will be posted on or about 5:00 PM ET every Tuesday.
6. Winner Determination: Weekly Prizes will be awarded each week to Entrants who have the Teams with the highest number of Points for the corresponding episode (based on the point activities listed above). If there are five (5) prizes for a given week then Weekly Prizes will be awarded to the five (5) Entrants who have the highest Weekly Point totals for that weeks episode.
Cumulative Prizes will be awarded at the end of the promotion to the three (3) Entrants whose Teams have the highest cumulative Point totals for the entire Promotion Period (total of 3 cumulative Fantasy Challenge prizes for all sixteen (16) episodes).
In the event of a tie at any prize level, winners will be selected in a random drawing from tied Entrants at the wining Point level. Random drawings will be accomplished under the supervision of an independent judging agency, and all decisions are final.
In the event of an airing / broadcasting time change for an episode the Sponsor reserves the right to change the air date and the Frozen Team Roster time for any given episode. Such changes will be posted on MTV.com. In the event the Sponsor cancels a show or cancels the promotion, Grand, First or Second Prizes will be awarded based on the points earned by Entrants as of the last show air date. In the event that any Weekly Prizes cannot be awarded due to changes in the on-air schedule, these will be awarded in a random drawing from among all Entrants registered for the promotion.
Cumulative "Fantasy Challenge" Prizes: There will be three (3) cumulative "Fantasy Challenge" Prizes which will be awarded to the Entrants with the three (3) highest cumulative Point totals for the entire Promotion Period. The Entrant with the highest number of cumulative Points will be the Grand Prize Winner; the Entrant with the second highest cumulative Point total will be the First Prize Winner and the Entrant with the third highest cumulative Point total will be the Second Prize Winner. These cumulative prizes are: one (1) Grand Prize - a new 2002, factory-equipped Saturn SC2 Coupe in the winners choice of either a manual or automatic transmission plus optional AM/FM stereo with CD/cassette (ARV - $17,490); one (1) First Prize: Consisting of one (1) Alien Workshop skateboard, one (1) MTV Karaoke Machine by Singing Machine, one (1) Music Generator II PlayStation 2 game, one (1) "The Real Word: Back to New York 24/7" book and one (1) Real World You Never Saw VHS - (total ARV - $179.96); and one (1) Second Prize - Consisting of one (1) MTV Karaoke Machine by Singing Machine, one (1) Music Generator II Playstation 2 game, one (1) "The Real Word: Back to New York 24/7" book and one (1) Real World You Never Saw: Back To New York VHS - (total ARV - $89.97).
Weekly Prizes: There will also be Weekly Prizes awarded to Entrants who have the highest number of points for each of the sixteen (16) promotion episodes / weeks as follows:
Week 1: The five (5) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Making of Road Rules" (ARV - $19.99 each)
Week 2: The five (5) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World You Never Saw" which includes footage from season 1-5 (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London and Miami) - (ARV - $19.99 each).
Week 3: The fifteen (15) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World Reunion: Inside Out" which includes cast members from seasons 1-4 (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and London) - (ARV - $19.99 each).
Week 4: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World you Never Saw: Boston and Seattle", one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World You Never Saw: Back To New York" and one (1) copy of the book "The Real Word: Back to New York 24/7." (ARV - $59.97 for book and two (2) videos)
Week 5: The eighteen (18) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) copy of the book "The Real Word: Back to New York 24/7" - (ARV - $19.99 each)
Week 6: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World you Never Saw: Boston and Seattle" - (ARV - $19.99 each)
Week 7: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World You Never Saw: Back To New York" and one (1) copy of the book "The Real Word: Back to New York 24/7" - (ARV - $39.98 for video and book)
Week 8: The nine (9) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) MTV Karaoke Machine by Singing Machine - (ARV - $89.99 each)
Week 9: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World You Never Saw: Back To New York" and one (1) copy of the book "The Real Word: Back to New York 24/7" - (ARV - $39.98 for video and book)
Week 10: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World you Never Saw: Boston and Seattle" - (ARV - $19.99 each)
Week 11: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World You Never Saw: Back To New York" and one (1) copy of the book "The Real Word: Back to New York 24/7" - (ARV - $39.98 for video and book)
Week 12: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) MTV Twist Clip headphone and a Music Generator II game for the PlayStation 2 - (ARV - $69.89 for headphone and game)
Week 13: The three (3) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) Alien Workshop skateboard - (ARV - $49.99 each)
Week 14: The eighteen (18) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World You Never Saw: Back To New York" - (ARV - $19.99 each)
Week 15: The eighteen (18) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) Music Generator II PlayStation 2 game - (ARV - $49.99 each)
Week 16: The twenty (20) Entrants with highest number of points will receive one (1) VHS copy of "The Real World you Never Saw: Boston and Seattle" - (ARV - $19.99 each)
For more details on the Grand Prize, First Prize, Second Prize and Weekly Prizes, click here.
8. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal continental U.S residents, 18 years of age or older at time of registration. Void in Alaska, Florida and Hawaii and where prohibited Employees (and immediate family members of such employees) of MTV Networks, Viacom International Inc., Columbia Broadcasting Company, Bunim-Murray Productions, and Saturn, their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors and agencies are not eligible to participate or win prizes. Former and current cast members of Real World and Road Rules are also ineligible.
9. General Rules: MTV.com's Fantasy Challenge is a non-gambling promotion. This Promotion was not designed to be used in any way, shape or form for gambling purposes and if anyone attempts to use this game as such, they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. By participating, Entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. MTV.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this promotion. If, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of MTV.com which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion or for any reason MTV.com deems it necessary, MTV.com reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. Should the promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on MTV.com. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event of a dispute over who is participating in the promotion and/or who is a winner, the holder of the email account registered with the Internet provider will be declared the official winner. The tentative dates for prize fulfillment are during July and August 2002 and are subject to change at Sponsor's sole discretion. Total approximate retail value of this Promotion is $27,084.41. The actual retail value of this Promotion depends on current existing market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. The depiction of the Grand Prize Vehicle in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the Vehicle awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. The Vehicle will only be delivered in the continental United States. The Vehicle will be delivered as described in the Official Promotion Rules. Any additional features will be at the Grand Prize Winner's sole expense. Grand Prize Winner shall be responsible for all taxes, license, title, registration and insurance fees and other costs, including, without limitation, any travel or transportation costs associated with winning the Vehicle (provided however that the Vehicle shall be delivered at no cost to the Grand Prize Winner to an authorized Saturn dealer or distributor in the United States reasonably close in proximity to the Grand Prize Winner's residence). By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she is responsible for registering the Vehicle and obtaining insurance according to applicable state laws prior to the use of the Vehicle. Sponsors shall not be responsible for delays in the delivery of the Vehicle and delivery is subject to availability. The potential Grand Prize Winner is expected to show proof of a valid U.S. driver's license in order to accept the Grand Prize. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of points earned by each Player and the total number of Entrants. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final in all matters relating to this Promotion. The specifics of all elements of any prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsors. Some restrictions may apply. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package) or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsors due to prize unavailability at time of award in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Unless specified otherwise by Sponsors, no cash will be awarded. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by Sponsors. Major Prize Winners must sign an affidavit of eligibility and release Sponsors from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this promotion or the use or acceptance of the prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the prizes; and (b) where permitted, a promotional release granting the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; entry into this promotion constitutes each Winner's agreement to sign such release. Each Winner must complete all legal documents and return them to Sponsor within five (5) working days after attempted notification or receipt of such documents. Noncompliance may result in disqualification of the winner and an alternate winner may be selected. The receipt by any Winner of any of the prize components of this Promotion is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state and local rules and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER MAY RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The value of the prize(s) may be taxable as income. Upon receipt of any prize, each Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local tax that becomes due with respect to the prize(s). All interpretations of the rules and decisions by Sponsors are final. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. For a copy of the Winners list, send a SASE to: MTV.Com, "Fantasy Challenge", 1515 Broadway, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10003. All requests must be received by June 1, 2002
11. The Sponsors of this promotion are MTV and Saturn.