1. Do you have any nicknames or pledge names? What are they and what do they mean?
The Lum. It's not just a last name, it's a lifestyle.
2. Describe this past quarter in three words.
3. Why did you choose to pledge this fraternity?
Because the brothers were so chill, and I had a lot in common with them.
4. What was your first thought when you realized you were going to be on camera?
I'm gonna be on television, I'm gonna be on television!
5. Before you pledged the fraternity, how many people had you lived with at one time? Were you concerned about sharing a living space w/ other guys? Why?
The most I've lived with is one other person.
6. What moment from this quarter do you think will be the most painful for you to watch on TV? Why?
Well, we'll have to see what is shown that I don't remember at all--that will probably be the hardest.
7. What's your porn star name? (Your first pet's name and the street you grew up on)
8. What do you find attractive in a woman? What turns you on?
The hottest girl is a punk rock princess in tight black Dickies pants and a tank top with a band name on it that I like. Blonde hair is a plus.
9. When the quarter started, were you dating anyone? Are you in a relationship right now?
No and no. I don't believe in such things.
10. What is the one thing you want people to know about you after watching the show? Why?
THE LUM IS UNSTOPPABLE...because once everyone realizes it, the world will be a better place.
11. What was the best/most memorable moment for you this quarter?
The best moment was when my pledges crossed over--I was really proud of them, and I could finally rest.
12. What is the most important lesson you learned during this past semester? What would you do differently if you could do it over?
This quarter I learned a lot about responsibility with such a large class and self-control when it came to dealing with all the negativity from Santa Cruz. And, oh yeah, psychology is boring and liquid hot magma is cool.
13. If you had the chance to hang out with one actor or musician, who would it be and why?
I would want to chill with Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) because his film Dogma is responsible for me becoming a film major.
14. Which night sounds like more fun: Hanging out with a hot girl or going out with your buds? Why?
My friends are the most important thing to me--she'd have to be more than just hot to get my attention.
15. If you could choose a theme song for this past quarter, what would it be and why?
"Po' Folks" by Nappy Roots, cuz that's what kind of fraternity we are.
16. Who is the messiest pledge? Who's the neat freak? What have you witnessed to back that up?
Slater is just a dirty guy, but he's ok with it. I borrowed a shirt from him once, and it smelled really bad. Kevin is the cleanest pledge--he always has to clean the kitchen.
17. What is the grossest/weirdest/worst thing you've witnessed in the pledge house?
Jordan peed in a cup in front of everyone...bad mental image.
18. Complete the following sentences:
Frat boys are:
Sorority girls are:
nice to have around
19. If you were president of the fraternity, what would you do?
Work hard to improve the image of fraternities in Santa Cruz and throw the most awesome parties full of dirty dancing girls.
20. What goals have you set for yourself for after college? Are you concerned about the future, or are you ready to rock n' roll? Why?
After college I'm going to start my own record label/film production company and eventually become a millionaire...won't be the last time you see me on MTV. I'm not worried about the future at all, cuz worrying is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do, but it doesn't really get you anywhere.