Sylvester Stallone has released a statement following the death of his 36-year-old son, Sage Stallone, who was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment last week.

According to the Los Angeles Times, an autopsy on the actor was completed Sunday, although the final results are pending a toxicology report, which could take several weeks. In a statement to TMZ, Stallone said that he hopes that "the speculation and questionable reporting" around Sage's death would cease.

He continued, "When a parent loses a child, there is no greater pain. Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha. This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives. Sage was our first child and the center of our universe, and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."

Sage was found in his Studio City apartment by his housekeeper. His body was reportedly there for days before being discovered. According to officials, there was no sign of foul play and no suicide note was found. Regardless, a security hold has been placed on his apartment, the Times noted.

Sage is the son of Stallone and Sasha Czack, to whom he was married from 1974 to 1985. Sage appeared alongside his dad in 1990's "Rocky V," playing Rocky Balboa Jr. He acted in a dozen other films and even did some work as a director and writer. He was once married to Starlin Wright, but the union resulted in an annulment in 2008. He has a younger brother, Seargeoh, 33.

"He had his whole life ahead of him," attorney George Braunstein said in a statement about his client's death.

Sylvester Stallone was at San Diego Comic-Con last week. He appeared at the annual festival alongside his "Expendables 2" cast for a panel about the highly anticipated action release.