Trent Reznor will help feed his eager fans this week as Nine Inch Nails' first batch of studio tracks in almost six years hits stores.
With Teeth, led by the single "The Hand That Feeds," is NIN's first studio album since the two-disc set The Fragile in 1999. "Only" is slated to be the second single off the album Reznor has described as being more mainstream and audience-friendly than some of NIN's previous material.
With Wes Borland back from his three-year absence, Limp Bizkit are releasing their fifth studio album. The Unquestionable Truth, Pt. 1 follows 2003's Results May Vary, which featured former Snot guitarist Mike Smith as Borland's replacement. Truth finds Bizkit looking to the past for inspiration, working with Three Dollar Bill Y'All producer Ross Robinson.
Stevie Wonder has a sunnier outlook on life with his latest, A Time to Love. The optimistic, up-tempo "So What the Fuss" is the first single off the legendary singer's first studio record in 10 years (his last was 1995's Conversation Peace).
Alt-country's Gold-en boy, Ryan Adams, releases Cold Roses this week, the first in what he promises will be a trio of albums released this year. On the double album, which comes on the heels of the last year's Love Is Hell, Pt. 1 and Pt. 2 EPs, Adams is joined by backing band the Cardinals. Jacksonville and 29 are slated to follow later this year.
Also out this week are albums by Aimee Mann (The Forgotten Arm), Joe Perry (Joe Perry), the Raveonettes (Pretty in Black), Caribou (The Milk of Human Kindness), Still Remains (Of Love and Lunacy) and Mike Doughty (Haughty Melodic).
Out Tuesday, May 3:
- 1st Offence - Certified Quality (Verbatem)
- Damon Aaron - Ballast (Plug Research)
- Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - Cold Roses (Lost Highway)
- Pierre Bensusan - Altiplanos (Favored Nations)
- The BiggDogg Family - A Sinner's Life (U-Block Productions)
- Jim Boggia - Safe in Sound (Bluhammock)
- P. Busboom - The Beginning (Peter Busboom)
- Candlemass - Candlemass (Nuclear Blast)
- Caribou - The Milk of Human Kindness (Domino)
- The Catch - Get Cool (Made in Mexico)
- Cleazy - Undeniable Demandin Respect (Walk With John)
- Anat Cohen - Place & Time (Anzic)
- A Day at the Fair - The Rocking Chair Years (Rushmore)
- Mike Doughty - Haughty Melodic (ATO)
- DreamSinger - For the Sake of Love (Keeping the Dream)
- The Duke - My Kung-Fu Is Good (Spitfire)
- E.S. Posthumus - Unearthed (33rd Street)
- Electra-Kill - The Death of Venus 292 (Addiction)
- Uzoma Ezekwudo - Something Different (Akalaka Music)
- Shelly Fairchild - Ride (Columbia)
- Falconer - Grime Vs. Grandeur (Metal Blade)
- Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree (Island)
- David Fridlund - Amaterasu (Hidden Agenda)
- Billy Gilman - Everything and More (Image)
- Gizmachi - The Imbuing (Sanctuary)
- The Go-Betweens - Oceans Apart (Yep Roc)
Buy Now: Oceans Apart (Yep Roc)
- Greyscale - Discord for the Dead Kid (Battle Born)
- Howard Hewett - Intimate (Shout! Factory)
- The Higher - Histrionics (Fiddler)
- Jacobs Dream - Drama of the Ages (Metal Blade)
- Keith Jarrett - Radiance (ECM)
- The Jazz Mandolin Project - The Deep Forbidden Lake (Lenapee/DKE)
- Joe Johnson - Life of the Party (Yasny Labels Group)
- Ron Kearns - Live at Montpelier (Ron Kearns Productions)
- Kid Loco - The Graffiti Artist soundtrack(Mettray Reformatory)
- Limp Bizkit - The Unquestionable Truth, Pt. 1 (Geffen)
Read: "Durst Unveils 'The Truth' And It's Rage Against The Bizkit"
Buy Now: The Unquestionable Truth, Pt. 1 (Geffen)
- LOSA - The Perfect Moment (Metal Blade)
- Tony Lunn - The Last Days of Diresville (Flying Tiger)
- Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm (SuperEgo)
- Mice Parade - Bem-Vinda Vontade (Bubble Core)
- More Dogs - Never Let Them Catch You Crying (Monitor)
- Lorraine Nelson Wolf - Come Follow Me! (Ribbon Hill)
- Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (Interscope)
Read: "New Nine Inch Nails LP Takes Risks — By Being Accessible"
- Nouvelle Vague - Nouvelle Vague (Luaka Bop)
- Jennifer O'Connor - The Color and the Light (Red Panda)
- Oneida - The Wedding (Jagjaguwar)
- Paradigm - Mainstream Epidemic (Paradigm)
- Joe Perry - Joe Perry (Columbia)
- Populous - Queue for Love (Morr Music)
- Raveonettes - Pretty in Black (Columbia)
- Stereotypes - 3 (Empyrean)
- Still Remains - Of Love and Lunacy (Roadrunner)
- Vulpine - Channels (Brutal One)
- John Williams - "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" soundtrack (Sony Classical)
- Stevie Wonder - A Time to Love (Motown)
- Wrights - Down This Road (Sony)
- ZZZ - Sounds of ZZZ (Howler)
- Various artists - An Acoustic Tribute to Dave Matthews (Reverberations)
- Various artists - Fish Head (Don Logan Productions)
- Various artists - "House of Wax" soundtrack (Maverick)
- DVD: The Game - "The Documentary - The DVD" (Interscope)
- DVD: Hayley Westenra - "Live From New Zealand" (Decca)
- DVD: Various artists - "Basement TV, Vol. 1" (Basement)
- DVD: Various artists - "The Strat Pack: Live in Concert" (Eagle Rock)
- Dave Matthews Band - Stand Up (RCA)
- Spoon - Gimme Fiction (Merge)
Read: "The Truth About Spoon's Fiction? You Could Call It A Whim"
- Weezer - Make Believe (Geffen)
Read: "Weezer Album Preview: Wailing Guitars And New-Wave Ballads"
- Def Leppard - Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection (Mercury/Universal)
Buy Now: Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection (Mercury/Universal)
- System of a Down - Mezmerize (Sony)
Read: "System Of A Down Album Preview: Band Pulls No Punches With The Pummeling Mezmerize"
- Various artists - American Idol Season 4: The Showstoppers (RCA)
- Audioslave - Out of Exile (Interscope)
Read: "Audioslave's Morello Says New LP Feels Less Like Soundgarden + Rage"
- Gorillaz - Demon Days (Virgin)
Read: "Cartoon Gorillaz Put A Muzzle On Danger Mouse, Damon Albarn"
- Wallflowers - Rebel, Sweetheart (Interscope)