B2K fans who've been in mourning since the group's breakup will have something to scream about again this week when Omarion's debut solo effort, O, hits shelves.
Omarion calls out former B2K members for the problems the group had ("Growing Pains"), but he also gets optimistic with upbeat dance tracks. Rodney Jerkins lends production skills to the track "Drop That Heater," while former B2K producers the Underdogs, Allstar, Corna Boyz and Outkast's Big Boi also lend a hand.
On the heels of their nod from U2, who asked them to provide tour support on the North American portion of their upcoming trek, Nashville's Kings of Leon (made up of three brothers and one cousin) are releasing their sophomore album, Aha Shake Heartbreak. The Southern rock quartet's follow-up to their 2003 debut, Youth & Young Manhood, has already produced two #1 singles in the U.K.
Taking energy levels down a notch is a new album by Tori Amos, The Beekeeper. Released along with her memoir, "Tori Amos: Piece by Piece," The Beekeeper is the artist's first new release since 2002's Scarlet's Walk.
It's been about three years since fans heard from Aussie singer/songwriter Ben Lee as well. Coming off a high-profile breakup with Claire Danes, Lee this week releases his Awake Is the New Sleep, which, despite his publicized sadness, is not a breakup album but a collection of tracks full of pop hooks.
Also out this week are albums by Aesop Rock (Fast Car Danger Fire & Knives); Thievery Corporation (Cosmic Game); Widespread Panic (Live at Myrtle Beach); Layzie Bone and Bizzy Bone (Bone Brothers); Robbers on High Street (Tree City); (hed) p.e. (Only in Amerika); and Phoenix (Live! Thirty Days Ago).
Out Tuesday, February 22:
- Aesop Rock - Fast Car Danger Fire & Knives (Definitive Jux)
- A Gun Called Tension - A Gun Called Tension (Cold Crush)
- Monty Alexander - Live at the Iridium (Telarc)
- All Natural - Vintage (Touch and Go)
- Bernard Allison - Higher Power (Ruf Records)
- Tori Amos - The Beekeeper (Epic)
- Backyard Babies - Tinnitus (Sanctuary)
- Black 47 - Elvis Murphy's Green Suede Shoes (Gadfly)
- Blackfield - Blackfield (Koch)
- Rory Block - From the Dust (Telarc)
- Layzie Bone and Bizzy Bone - Bone Brothers (Koch)
- Ian Brown - Solarized (Koch)
- By Night - Burn the Flags (Lifeforce)
- Neal Casal - Return in Kind (Fargo)
- Hernan Cattaneo - Renaissance - The Masters Series Vol. 2 (Thrive)
- Chatham County Line - Route 23 (Yep Roc)
- Clem Snide - End of Love (spinART)
- Ravi Coltrane - In Flux (Savoy)
- Comeback Kid - Wake the Dead (Victory)
- Crooked Fingers - Dignity and Shame (Merge)
- Dead Meadow - Feathers (Matador)
- Dexateens - Red Dust Rising (Touch and Go)
- Doramus - The Truth and Then Some (Diamond)
- Dub Syndicate - Pure Thrillseekers (Shanachie)
- Nicolai Dunger - This Cloud Is Learning (Touch and Go)
- Liz Durrett - Husk (Touch and Go)
- John Ellis - One Foot in the Swamp (Hyena)
- EMOK - Shove Your Head Into the Ground and Feed It to the Earth (Wrong Records)
- Enon - Lost Marbles & Exploded Evidence (Touch and Go)
- Laurent Garnier - The Cloud Making Machine (Mute)
- Hacienda Brothers - The Hacienda Brothers (Koch)
- Petra Haden - Sings: The Who Sell Out (Bar/None)
- Hand to Hand - A Perfect Way to Say Goodbye (Lifeforce)
- (hed) p.e. - Only in Amerika (Koch)
- Fred Hersch - Leaves of Grass (Palmetto)
- Hidden in Plain View - Life in Dreaming (Drive-Thru)
- Rex Hobart & the Misery Boys - Empty House (Bloodshot)
- Irfan - Irfan (Dancing Ferret Discs)
- Iron and Wine - Woman King EP (Sub Pop)
- Jude Johnstone - On a Good Day (BoJak)
- Karate - In the Fishtank 12 EP (Touch and Go)
- Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak (RCA)
Read: "Kings Of Leon Royally Pleased To Be Touring With U2"
Buy Now: Aha Shake Heartbreak (RCA)
- Kizooks - Super Huge Very Big Hits (Koch)
- Bireli Lagrene - Move (Dreyfus)
- Ben Lee - Awake Is the New Sleep (New West)
- Little Brazil - You and Me (Mt. Fuji)
- Chuck Loeb - When I'm with You (Shanachie)
- Kate McDonnell - Where the Mangoes Are (Appleseed)
- Roger Miret & the Disasters - 1984 (Epitaph)
- Mount Sims - Wild Light (Gigolo)
- Ms. Kra-Z - Lyrically Insane (Diamond)
- Mystic Prophecy - Never Ending (Nuclear Blast)
- Nedelle - From the Lion's Mouth (Kill Rock Stars)
- Omarion - O (Epic)
Read: "Omarion's O Has Tracks For Grandma, B2K And (Almost) Nekkid Club-Goers"
Buy Now: O (Sony)
- Open Hand - You & Me (Trustkill)
- Opio - Triangulation Station (Hieroglyphics)
- Bill Payne - Cielo Norte (Hot Tomato)
- The Peels - The Peels (Dim Mak)
- Phoenix - Live! Thirty Days Ago (Astralwerks)
- Pungent Stench - Ampeauty (Nuclear Blast)
- Ann Rabson - In a Family Way (Emit Doog)
- Josh Ritter - 4 Song EP (V2)
- Josh Ritter - Hello Starling (V2)
- Robbers on High Street - Tree City (New Line)
- Josh Rouse - Nashville (Rykodisc)
- Neal Schon - IonU (Favored Nations)
- Scritti Politti - Early (Sanctuary)
- Billy Sheehan - Cosmic Troubadour (Favored Nations)
- Since the Flood - Valor and Vengeance (Ironclad)
- Solas - Waiting for an Echo (Shanachie)
- Thievery Corporation - Cosmic Game (ESL Music)
- Steve Vai - Real Illusions (Epic)
- M. Ward - Transistor Radio (Merge)
- William Elliott Whitmore - Ashes to Dust (Southern Records)
- Widespread Panic - Live at Myrtle Beach (Sanctuary)
- Tom Wopat - Sings Harold Arlen: Dissertation on the State of Bliss (Hyena)
- Chely Wright - The Metropolitan Hotel (DualTone)
- Various artists - "The L Word" soundtrack (Tommy Boy)
- DVD: Various artists - "Darkest Hour - Party Scars and Prison Bars" (Victory)
- DVD: Various artists - "Looking for a Thrill - An Anthology of Inspiration" (Thrill Jockey)
- Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams (Universal)
Read: "Jack Johnson Takes It Easy On New LP, Gets Into Curious George's Head"
- Jennifer Lopez - Rebirth (Sony)
Read: "Fat Joe Nearly A No-Show To Flow With J. Lo"
- The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (Universal)
- 50 Cent - The Massacre (Aftermath)
Read: "50 Cent's LP Pushed Up, Harsh 'Facts' Sound Like Disses On Leaked 'Piggy Bank'"
- Black Label Society - Mafia (Artemis)
Read: "Zakk Wylde Rips Blind Followers On 'Just Another Black Label Society Record'"
- Kasabian - Kasabian (RCA)
- Daft Punk - Human After All (Virgin Records)
- Kaiser Chiefs - Employment (Universal)
Read: "Kaiser Chiefs 'Predict A Riot,' Music Press Predicts Franz Ferdinand-Like Success"
- Various artists - Now That's What I Call Music! 18 (Sony)