New Britney Spears and Aaron Carter material, a house remix of 'NSYNC's "Pop" and a cover of "Parents Just Don't Understand" by Lil' Romeo on the same album? Only a genius could be behind this one.
Sure enough, one is.
Spears' "Intimidated," Carter's "Go Jimmy Jimmy," "Leave It Up to Me" and "A.C.'s Alien Nation," dance duo Deep Dish's remix of "Pop" and a remake of the DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince classic are among the highlights on the "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" soundtrack, due November 20.
"Leave It Up to Me" which, along with "Go Jimmy Jimmy," was written specifically for the movie is the album's first single. A video for the track will debut November 5 on Nickelodeon.
Spears' "Intimidated" is an outtake from her Britney sessions, according to a Jive Records spokesperson. That album is due November 6 (see "Britney Says Britney Reflects Who Britney Is").
Lil' Romeo's cover of the 1988 hit "Parents Just Don't Understand" also features 3LW and Nick Cannon. The soundtrack includes remakes of two other '80s hits, Kim Wilde's "Kids in America" by girl group No Secrets and Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science" by Melissa Lefton, who changed the "She" to "He" for her version.
The Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop" and "We Got the Beat" by the Go-Go's also keep with the retro theme.
"Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius," which features the voices of Patrick Stewart and Martin Short, follows the titular 10-year-old and his robot dog, Goddard, as they rescue Neutron's parents from aliens. The animated movie opens in theaters on December 21.
The track list for the "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" soundtrack, according to Jive:
- Aaron Carter - "Leave It Up to Me"
- 'NSYNC - "Pop (Deep Dish remix)"
- Lil' Romeo with 3LW and Nick Cannon - "Parents Just Don't Understand"
- Britney Spears - "Intimidated"
- Melissa Lefton - "He Blinded Me With Science"
- Aaron Carter - "A.C.'s Alien Nation"
- No Secrets - "Kids in America"
- Backstreet Boys - "The Answer to Our Life"
- Stupid - "Dance Little Bird (The Chicken Dance)"
- True Vibe - "I Can Count on You"
- Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
- Aaron Carter - "Go Jimmy, Jimmy"
- The Ramones - "Blitzkrieg Bop"
- Bowling For Soup - "Jimmy Neutron Theme"
MTV's parent company, Viacom, also owns Nickelodeon.