Call it a traveling insect orgy. Or perhaps the love bug parade.
Papa Roach's Raid the Nation Tour, with Orgy and Alien Ant Farm, is set to hit at least 20 U.S. cities, beginning March 16 in New Orleans, according to Orgy representatives.
The outing comes on the heels of a two-month European Papa Roach tour and a just-announced 18-city Orgy club trek. The announced tour dates for April 1 and later are tentative, and more dates will be added, according to a Papa Roach spokesperson.
Papa Roach, nominated for a Best New Artist Grammy, will use the tour to support their latest single, "Between Angels and Insects", and Alien Ant Farm the first band signed to their New Noize imprint on DreamWorks Records.
Alien Ant Farm will open the shows and promote ANThology, their major label debut and follow-up to 1999's Greatest Hits, which won Best Independent Rock Album at the L.A. Music Awards.
ANThology was produced by Jay Baumgardner, who also produced Papa Roach and Orgy, among others. The album, due March 6, includes a hard rock cover of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal." Papa Roach spent most of 2000 on the road, building a broader fanbase with slots on the Warped, Ozzfest and Anger Management tours. The Vacaville, California, foursome's multiplatinum Infest, which featured the suicide anthem "Last Resort", was one of last year's top-selling rock albums.
Los Angeles glam rockers Orgy will headline their own Vapor Transmission Tour from February 20 to March 14 in support of "Opticon", the second single from last fall's Vapor Transmission. The track is also featured on the soundtrack to "Valentine," the upcoming Denise Richards horror flick. Vapor Transmission Tour dates, according to Warner Bros. Records:
- 2/20 - Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre
- 2/21 - Kansas City, MO @ Beaumont Club
- 2/22 - Wichita, KS @ Rita's Little Uptown
- 2/23 - Des Moines, IA @ Super Toad
- 2/24 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest Club
- 2/26 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit
- 2/27 - Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo
- 3/1 - Toronto, ON @ The Guvernment
- 3/2 - Buffalo, NY @ TBA
- 3/3 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
- 3/5 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Metropol
- 3/6 - Cleveland, OH @ Odeon
- 3/8 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 3/9 - Indianapolis, IN @ Egyptian Room
- 3/10 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 3/12 - Dallas, TX @ Deep Ellum Live
- 3/13 - San Antonio, TX @ Sunset Station
- 3/14 - Houston, TX @ Numbers
- 3/16 - New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues or State Palace
- 3/18 - Pensacola, FL @ Bayfront Auditorium
- 3/19 - Panama City, FL @ Club LaVela
- 3/21- Birmingham, AL @ Boutwell Auditorium
- 3/22 - Nashville, TN @ Municipal Auditorium
- 3/23 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
- 3/25 - Athens, GA @ Classic Center
- 3/27 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live or House of Blues
- 3/28 - TBA
- 3/30 - Jacksonville, FL @ The Edge
- 3/31 - TBA
- 4/1 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 4/3 - TBA
- 4/5 - Charlotte, NC @ Grady Cole
- 4/6 - Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz
- 4/7 - Norfolk, VA @ Boathouse or The Norva
- 4/8 - Washington, DC @ Nation or Bender Arena
- 4/10 - Baltimore, MD @ Towson Center
- 4/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 4/12 -Asbury Park, NJ @ Convention Hall