The grease-painted shrieking metal mainstay King Diamond is hitting the road next week for his first tour in two years in support of his new album.
The Mercyful Fate frontman gone solo kicks off the run on July 20 in Los Angeles, and then goes on to play another month-plus of dates, including a headlining stint at this year's Milwaukee Metalfest July 28. King and gang will also swing by Cleveland, Ohio's World Series of Metal on August 5.
Shadows Fall will step into the opening slot for the tour.
All the roadwork is in support of King's "House Of God," which hits stores on June 20. King will pump the release even more with a stop at Ventura, California's Ventura Theater on July 17 that will see him press the flesh with fans and give out autographed merchandise.
If you want to catch King, here's where to look:
- 7/20 - West Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
- 7/21 - Ventura, CA @ Ventura Theater
- 7/22 - San Francisco, CA @ Maritime Hall
- 7/24 - Seattle, WA @ Cat Walk
- 7/26 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird
- 7/28 - Milwaukee, WI @ Milwaukee Metalfest
- 7/29 - Cincinnati, OH @ Annie's
- 8/4 - Salisbury, MA @ The Pavilion
- 8/5 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora
- 8/6 - Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights
- 8/9 - Centeridge, NY @ Tokoyo Joes
- 8/10 - Waterbury, CT @ City Limits
- 8/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
- 8/13 - Old Bridge, NJ @ Birch Hill
- 8/16 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
- 8/17 - Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
- 8/18 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- 8/19 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Landing
- 8/20 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
- 8/27 - Dallas, TX @ Canyon Club