With their major label debut, "The Fundamental Elements Of Southtown," sailing past gold and on toward platinum status, the spiritually-minded rockers of P.O.D. have lined up a headlining tour with (hed) pe, Project 86, and Linkin Park.
Dubbed the "Kings Of The Game" tour, the trek gets rolling on October 23 in Cincinnati and currently has dates lined up through late November. Additional West Coast dates are expected to be announced soon.
The tour will find P.O.D. continuing to carry the flag for "Southtown," which has been in stores for over a year. Since the album's release, the band has made the rounds with Primus, Sevendust, Staind, and Ozzfest 2000. The album gained some serious steam with the release of the single "Rock The Party," and the group's next radio offering will come courtesy of its contribution to the soundtrack of the upcoming Adam Sandler flick "Little Nicky."
Meanwhile, (hed) pe will use the tour to drum up support for its recently released second album, "Broke." The group has promoted the effort with a video for "Bartender," as well as a slot on this summer's Tattoo The Earth tour.
If you want to catch P.O.D. and (hed) pe with Project 86 and Linkin Park, here's where to find them:
- 10/23 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
- 10/26 - Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
- 10/27 - Waterbury, CT @ City Limits
- 10/28 - Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights
- 10/29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 10/30 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 11/2 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
- 11/3 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 11/4 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest Club
- 11/5 - Forest City, IA @ Waldorf College
- 11/7 - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 11/8 - Cleveland, OH @ Odeon Concert Club
- 11/9 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Metropol
- 11/10 - New York, NY @ Roseland
- 11/11 - Norfolk, VA @ The Boathouse
- 11/13 - Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz
- 11/14 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House Of Blues
- 11/15 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
- 11/19 - Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl
For a full-length interview with P.O.D., check out the MTV News Online feature "P.O.D.: Beyond Belief."