To coincide with the release of their highly anticipated new album, "Breach," this week, the Wallflowers have just lined up a short, nine-date West Coast tour, beginning on November 9 in San Diego.
Everlast, who is slated to issue his own new LP, "Eat At Whitey's," on October 17, has been tapped to open the Wallflowers shows, and he will be rolling into the tour after finishing up his current stint on Santana's fall outing (see "Everlast, Santana Hook Up For Fall Shows").
As for the Wallflowers, the Jakob Dylan-fronted outfit has just completed a multi-night stand supporting the Who at Madison Square Garden in New York City (see "Wallflowers Talk 'Breach,' Will Open Who Shows"). While he was in town, Dylan talked with MTV News' Kurt Loder about playing for a band that is almost as legendary as his dad.
"I was in the wings [for one of the shows]," Dylan said. "It's great. We were just thrilled to be asked. We got to open for the Rolling Stones a few years ago, now the Who, and maybe the Beatles some day. You know, [we're] holding out.
"[The Who] sound amazing. Absolutely amazing. It's pretty incredible, really, and they look younger than we do. They're playing not only like they used to, but apparently they've been taking even more lessons," he said, laughing. "They sound even better than they used to. It's pretty great." [RealVideo]
Dates for the Wallflowers-Everlast November mini-tour:
- 11/9 - San Diego, CA @ University of San Diego
- 11/10 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- 11/11 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Arlington Theater
- 11/14 - Sacramento, CA @ Sacramento Memorial Auditorium
- 11/15 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater
- 11/18 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
- 11/19 - Vancouver, BC @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- 11/21 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Kingsbury Hall
- 11/22 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium