Directioners, let us bow our heads and give thanks for Niall Horan, who just gave us every bit of reason to believe One Direction will return.
After the group announced their hiatus last year, some people saw it as the first step toward a full-fledged breakup — but not so, according to Niall.
“For now we are doing our own thing,” he said during an appearance on The Graham Norton Show today (October 14). “We can’t put a date on it but it won’t be in 50 years time. It’s in the foreseeable future. We’ve talked about it, but for now we’ll just play by ear and see what happens.”
In the meantime, Niall has his own plan in the works. He already released his debut solo single, “This Town,” and says he’s working on an album, which he’ll “probably” tour behind in the future.
“I’ve been sitting on it for so long and keeping it a secret. It was a nerve-racking time,” he admits about going solo. “It’s always been a daunting prospect but the reaction has been insane.”
Elsewhere in the interview, Niall talked about going home to Ireland and getting picked up by the police — really. Check it out below: