[caption id="attachment_151944" align="alignleft" width="300"] Fox[/caption]
If you thought a surfing movie from the directors or "L.A. Confidential" (Curtis Hanson) and "Chronicles of Narnia" (Michael Apted) and starring King Leonidas sounded goofy, then check out these clips from "Chasing Mavericks" because the movie itself actually looks really well done.
Based on the true-life surf legend Jay Moriarty (Jonny Weston) and his gruff mentor Frosty Hesson (Gerard Butler), the movie chronicles their friendship and their quest to find the perfect wave, which also happens to be America's most dangerous one as well.
1. Gerard Butler is the surfing equivalent of Mr. Miyagi. Sex wax on, sex wax off...
2. "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine."
3. His name shouldn't be "Gerard Butler" — more like Gerard Handyman.
4. Playin' it cool in the pool.
5. Apparently Greco Roman wrestling is the same as surfing.